By Zeev Estrov (auth.), Lalitha Nagarajan (eds.)
Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), is the commonest kind of leukemia in adults. AML is a dangerous kind of malignancy, the diagnosis for which has now not more desirable within the final twenty years. extra importantly, it's a malignancy that's visible in older adults, hence the variety of instances is probably going to upward push because the inhabitants a while.
Over the previous 15 years, genetic mechanisms underlying AML have started to spread. extra learn during this quarter has helped establish key parts and features. hence, special treatment of AML is receiving a lot awareness. it's the wish of researchers that as with power myelogenous leukemia (CML), and the drug, Gleevec, a precise remedy for AML should be discovered.
"The powerful therapy of acute myelogenous leukemia continues to be a good problem. this article stories our realizing of the molecular and biologic foundation of the ailment. best investigators handle advances in prognostication and healing thoughts that experience major promise."
Steven T. Rosen, M.D.
Read Online or Download Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: Genetics, Biology and Therapy PDF
Best biophysics books
This reference is the most up-tp-date and complete resource at the many elements of sarcoidosis, masking themes starting from the elemental technology and pathophysiology of the illness to sufferer assessment and therapy. It presents an in depth research of the pulmonary facets of the and contains chapters on radiographic manifestations, bronchoalveolar lavage examine, pulmonary functionality reviews, and proposed markers for the prognosis and administration of the disorder.
Primate Biogeography is a topic infrequently addressed as a self-discipline in its personal correct. This entire resource introduces the reader to Primate Biogeography as a self-discipline. It highlights the numerous components that could effect the distribution of primates, and divulges the big variety of methods which are to be had to knowing the distribution of this order.
Basics of Biomechanics, second version, provides a transparent, conceptual method of realizing biomechanics in the context of the qualitative research of human flow. The philosophy is to mixture up to date biomechanical wisdom (with vast referencing for pupil examine) with specialist software wisdom.
Engineered Biomimicry covers a wide variety of study themes within the rising self-discipline of biomimicry. Biologically encouraged technological know-how and know-how, utilizing the foundations of math and physics, has ended in the advance of goods as ubiquitous as Velcro™ (modeled after the spiny hooks on plant seeds and fruits).
- Lung Biology in Health & Disease Volume 224 Sleep and Breathing in Children: Developmental Changes in Breathing During Sleep 2nd Edition
- Albert Laurendeau. la Vie : Considerations Biologiques
- The Nanoscience and Technology of Renewable Biomaterials
- Diccionario latinoamericano de Bioética
- National Need and Priorities for Veterinarians in Biomedical Research by Committee on Increasing Veterinary Involvement in Biomedical (None) Paperback
Additional info for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: Genetics, Biology and Therapy
1999;59(10):2302–2306. 44. Eguchi M, Eguchi-Ishimae M, Greaves M. The small oligomerization domain of gephyrin converts MLL to an oncogene. Blood. 2004;103(10):3876–3882. 45. Ekmekci CG, Gutierrez MI, Siraj AK, Ozbek U, Bhatia K. Aberrant methylation of multiple tumor suppressor genes in acute myeloid leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2004;77(3):233–240. 46. el-Deiry WS, Nelkin BD, Celano P, et al. High expression of the DNA methyltransferase gene characterizes human neoplastic cells and progression stages of colon cancer.
168. Yokoyama A, Kitabayashi I, Ayton PM, Cleary ML, Ohki M. Leukemia proto-oncoprotein MLL is proteolytically processed into 2 fragments with opposite transcriptional properties. Blood. 2002;100(10):3710–3718. 169. Yu L, Liu C, Vandeusen J, et al. Global assessment of promoter methylation in a mouse model of cancer identifies ID4 as a putative tumor-suppressor gene in human leukemia. Nat Genet. 2005;37(3):265–274. 170. Yu VC, Delsert C, Andersen B, et al. RXR beta: a coregulator that enhances binding of retinoic acid, thyroid hormone, and vitamin D receptors to their cognate response elements.
81. Jenuwein T, Allis CD. Translating the histone code. Science. 2001;293(5532):1074–1080. 82. Jin F, Dowdy SC, Xiong Y, Eberhardt NL, Podratz KC, Jiang SW. Up-regulation of DNA methyltransferase 3B expression in endometrial cancers. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;96(2): 531–538. 83. Johnstone RW, Licht JD. Histone deacetylase inhibitors in cancer therapy: is transcription the primary target? Cancer Cell. 2003;4(1):13–8. 84. Jones PA, Baylin SB. The fundamental role of epigenetic events in cancer. Nat Rev Genet.