By J. Mangala
Over the past decade, there was a shift towards a strategic view of Africa. China and the U.S. import much in their oil from Africa that's truly rising at the global level as a strategic participant. Africa and the recent global period probes the significance and value of this shift and its implications for Africa's diplomacy.
Read or Download Africa and the New World Era: From Humanitarianism to a Strategic View PDF
Similar african books
This 2003 research brings Africa into the mainstream of reports of state-formation in agrarian societies. Territorial integration is the problem: institutional linkages and political offers that bind middle and outer edge are the recommendations. In African nations, as in territorially various states worldwide, rulers on the heart are compelled to cut price with nearby elites to set up sturdy mechanisms of rule and taxation.
In 1977, Johnson's most sensible promoting How lengthy Will South Africa live to tell the tale? provided a debatable and hugely unique research of the survival customers of apartheid. Now, after greater than 20 years of the ANC in executive, he believes the query has to be posed back. "The massive query approximately ANC rule," Johnson writes, "is no matter if African nationalism will be capable of deal with the demanding situations of working a contemporary business financial system.
Spain’s merely former colony in sub-Saharan Africa, Equatorial Guinea is domestic to a literature of transition—songs of freedom during which authors consider their identification in the context of contemporary colonialism and dictatorship. An advent to the Literature of Equatorial Guinea is the 1st book-length severe examine of this literature, a multigenre research encompassing fifty years of poetry, drama, essays, and prose fiction.
- Africa Foreign Investor Survey 2005: Understanding the Contributions of Different Investor Categories to Development Implications for Targeting Strategies
- Mercenaries: An African Security Dilemma
- Postcolonialism in the Wake of the Nairobi Revolution: Ngugi wa Thiong'o and the Idea of African Literature
- German Colonialism: Race, the Holocaust, and Postwar Germany
Extra info for Africa and the New World Era: From Humanitarianism to a Strategic View
37. , Africa in International Politics: External Involvement on the Continent (London and New York: Routledge, 2004). 38. , cover summary. 39. , Africa and the North: Between Globalization and Marginalization (New York: Routledge, 2005). 40. , Africa in World Politics: Reforming Political Order (Boulder, CO: Westview, 2009). 41. , 3. 42. Bayart, Ellis and Hibou, The Criminalization of the State, 267. 43. Fareed Zakaria, The Post-American World (New York: Norton, 2008). 44. , 3. 45. Martin Jacques, When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order (New York: Penguin, 2009), 3.
1. 46. Project Censure, American Companies Exploit the Congo. org. Accessed on February 6, 2010. 47. S. : ITA, 2009), 17. 48. S. S. Census Bureau, 2009), 1. 49. Ibid. 50. S. Covert Operations,” Cato Policy Analysis No. : The Cato Institute, 1989), 1. 51. Victoria Tolbert, Lifted Up (St. Paul, MN: Macalester Park Publisher, 1996). 52. S. , 1982), 283. 53. Dennis Canterbury, Neo-Liberal Democratization and the New Authoritarianism (Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Publishing, 2005), 8. 54. , Electoral Authoritarianism: The Dynamics of Unfree Competition (Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2006).
However, in this section of the chapter, the focus will be on the economic, political, and security dimensions of the relationship. The objective is to locate the relations in these various areas within the crucible of the American imperial project. Specifically, in the economic domain, the focus will be on aid, debt, private investment, and trade. ” In the security realm, we will look at the African Command (AFRICOM) and the bilateral agreements between the United States and various African states that are designed to help enhance American war-making capacity.